Carer Support Services
The Carer Support Services program operates throughout the West Hume region comprising the City of Greater Shepparton and the Shires of Moira, Strathbogie, Mitchell & Murrindindi.
The service essentially aims to support carers through the provision of short-term respite, information and support.
For the purpose of the program a Carer is defined as a person who voluntarily cares for a person who is frail aged or has a permanent and ongoing disability or mental illness.
While flexible responses are implemented following individual case assessment, Carer Support Services provided via this program may include:
- Short term in and out of home respite
- Short term provision of meals, home care or personal care
- Provision of information regarding local service availability and specific health, ageing or disability issues
- Information and linkages with self-help, community support groups or day programs
- Communication equipment for the frail aged
Specific programs that are coordinated through FamilyCare Carer Support Services are listed below: